If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

Do You Want the Good News...or the Bad News?

I've been more than a little distracted this week thanks to all the stuff that has been going on in my personal life so it hasn't been a great week for knitting.

The Good News
Sleeve #2 of the Ariann cardigan is back on the needles! Yes, after last weekend's frogging/ yarn unkinking episode everything is progressing very nicely. I'm not anticipating any more problems for the next 75 rows. I'm sure things will get interesting when it comes time to attach the sleeves to the body, though.

The Bad News
Silly me. In the midst of all of my turmoil I decided to start work on the Pea Pod Baby Set. For those not familiar with this pattern, it incorporates a little bit of lacework, so it's kind of important to pay attention to those charts. Amazing how you can miss a detail like that when you're lost in thought. To make a long story short, I had to frog through about eight 127-stitch rows once I realized my mistake. That was truly more painful than frogging Sleeve #2.

1 comments:

MotherHenKnits said...

Were you able to figure out the lace leaf set up row? It took me awhile too. Which section are you on?

The "1 st inc'd" means that at the end of your row you will have one more stitch that you did last time just by following the pattern (there's 2 increases but only 1 decrease in row 1). Does this help?