If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

Project Juggling

I ran into some problems with the Pea Pod cardigan this week. The source of the distress is clearly outlined in my latest post on the Knitty Forums. Once again the knitting community came to my rescue and I've been able to get back on track. As Angela pointed out, the designer's phrasing is a little tricky. I found I had to read through the entire pattern a couple of times before I fully understood how to work the increases. I did find it helpful to look at photos of finished Pea Pods. There are plenty out there, but I found Angela's to be the best because the color of her set is so vibrant and the stitches so well-defined. Check out some of her earlier Pea Pod posts as well.

With all of this fuss over the Pea Pod, Sleeve #2 of the Ariann cardigan has seen no action. I'm thinking I might make this a weekend project because it's too finicky to work on during the week. Hmmm... I just realized that last comment made no sense whatsoever given that the Pea Pod cardigan has some intricate lace detail. Whatever. The point is that my timeline for completing the Ariann cardigan will need to be revised given my obsession with the new project. I was originally aiming to have Ariann done by the end of August, but I figure I'm now looking at a completion date of mid- to late September. That's what I get for starting another project with one still on the needles. So much knitting, so little time.

1 comments:

MotherHenKnits said...

Thanks so much for the compliments (I'm blushing)! I just got a note back from the recipient and she loves it. YAY! Good luck with finishing!