If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

I Smell Like Wet Wool


Booga Bag #150 was finally felted yesterday afternoon. I'm still new to the whole felting process, so I was more than a little nervous when I threw the pillowcase containing the Booga Bag and I-cord into the washing machine. Of course, it didn't help that I completely screwed things up when I attempted to felt my first bag, Booga Bag #102, but I'll save that story for a future post.
I was extra vigilant when it came to Booga Bag #150. I actually stayed in the laundry room and reset the washing machine at the end of every wash cycle! Apart from the I-cord escaping and winding itself around the pillowcase during one of the wash cycles, everything went smoothly. The bag even felted down to the finished dimensions listed in the pattern -- 4.5" D x 7.5" W x 8.5" H. Amazing! The bag is now happily blocking on its shoe box. We'll see how things look in the next 24 hours, but I'm pleased with the results so far.

0 comments: