If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

Sitcom Chic Finished!

It's finally finished and I'm very proud of the way it turned out. Best of all, it's actually wearable!


I would definitely recommend this pattern to any beginning/intermediate knitter who is looking to take things to the next level. The pattern is very straightforward, but challenging enough to keep all knitters on their toes. I can see myself making another one of these sweaters at some point in time.

Here's what I learned from this experience:

  • Knitting sweaters in as few pieces as possible is great: The benefit, of course, is that there are fewer seams to deal with (did I mention that I can't sew?). Casting on all of those stitches at the outset might seem like a big hassle, but it's worth it in the long run.
  • There's more than one method to cast-on stitches: Up until a couple of days ago, I thought there was only one method. Some methods are better suited for certain projects than others.
  • Use circular needles with FLEXIBLE cords: There were times during this project when I wanted to destroy my Bates circulars -- the cord just wasn't cooperating, especially when it came time to work the eyelet detailing. In this case, cheaper does not equal better. Invest in the good stuff. You won't regret it.

0 comments: