If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

First Snow

I've decided this week's post is going to be a two parter. While catching up on the week's knitting exploits is important I just can't ignore the first snow of the season. Fun fact: the first snowfall in Central Maryland has taken place on December 5 for the six of the past eight years. Weird, huh? Anyway, typically we only get a few flurries with little or no accumulation, but today...five inches of snow. Not bad for a storm that started off as a lovely mix of snain (snow and rain). It went from a relatively light wintry mix during the mid-morning hours...




...to a full-on blizzard by early afternoon.




I love it when it snows like this and I can appreciate the beauty and stillness that settles on the landscape without having to worry about driving around in it. Actually it came at a good time because I needed a little something to help get me in the Christmas spirit. A good snow storm will do it every time.

0 comments: