If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

Having One of Those Days...

Where nothing is working out the way it should. First part of the pie crust for my quiche falls apart during baking (fortunately it was on a baking sheet or I'd have custard all over the bottom of my oven). Then I managed to lose the new bulb I was trying to replace in a string of Christmas tree lights...in the tree. I shook/ removed every single branch on the side where it fell. Nothing. I did eventually find some spares and restored power to the circuit that was affected by the missing bulb, but the whole experience definitely falls under the heading of one of the Twelve Pains of Christmas (check out the very funny animated video here). Dinner really didn't get that much better as I made two disturbing discoveries: 1) the bag of potatoes I'd bought a week and a half ago had turned into a rotting mess and 2) we left the corkscrew at my husband's aunt's house when we went over there for Thanksgiving dinner. The potato situation, though annoying was relatively minor, but I don't like things standing between me and my wine. A new corkscrew will need to be obtained tomorrow or things are going to get ugly. I had planned on felting my slippers this evening but changed my mind after this string of mishaps -- I figured it was probably best not to tempt fate on this one. At any rate the slippers are all seamed and ready to go. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

0 comments: