If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

Rewind...Then Fast-Forward

In my last post I was frantically trying to finish the Wedding Clapotis. Did I make my deadline? Well, if you would look to the sidebar on your right you will see that it's officially off the needles and in the FO pile! I got the piece blocked Sunday/ Monday and handed it off to my co-worker on Tuesday. Overall I'm satisfied with the way it turned out, although blocking the finished Clapotis was more work than I had antipated.
I've never actually blocked lace and had a hard time with pinning out the edges. Also, the room where I blocked my other Clapotis no longer has carpet -- it was so easy to jam pins into the carpet but you can't exactly do that with a hardwood floor. Boo! Anyway it's done and I am very glad to see the back of this project. It had just gotten to the point where it had become more of a chore than something I was actually interested in doing. Granted, I would have been knitting anyway, but I didn't feel the same connection to the project that I get when I'm working on something for myself or when I'm knitting for someone that I care about. I don't know if my co-worker's daughter will wear it during her wedding reception today and frankly I really don't care. However, I will be sure to post a picture if she does end up wearing it.

Fast-forward to the present. I'm in the process of finishing up the knitting for the French Press Felted Slippers in Patons Classic Wool Merino yarn (Mercury). This has definitely proven to be a relatively easy project, and although you do have to make two of everything the pieces knit up quickly on large needles. For whatever reason my m1 increases on the knit sides have produced gaping holes. I'm a little nervous as to how this will affect the actual felting process, so I may may some adjustments prior to sticking the slippers in the washing machine. I hope to get these done either today or tomorrow.

For the time being, though, I'm going to keep the Thanksgiving momentum going and make Pumpkin Creme Brulee and Sage and Onion Stuffing for dinner tonight.

0 comments: