If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished. (Jane Seabrook)

And the Winner Is...

The decision to which project I should start next was taken out of my hands. Since the wool for the Ribby Cardi was the first to show up at my door, that's what I decided to go with. Actually, I have to say that I was very impressed with how quickly elann.com processed my order -- I placed the order on a Wednesday evening and had received the materials by Saturday afternoon. So happy!

The colors that I'm using on for my Ribby are Lotus Blossom (body) and Grape (sleeves and collar), both beautiful shades of purple from the Highland Wool Peruvian Collection.


Ideally, I would have liked to have used a really dark color for the sleeves and a really light color for the body, but it doesn't really matter. This partcular yarn is cheap enough at $2.25 a ball that I can afford to make more of these sweaters down the road.

I have to say, though, that I'm a little nervous about knitting this sweater. I'm not particularly good at ribbing, especially when it comes immediately after the cast-on row. This really shows on the sleeve and body edges of Sitcom Chic. It's definitely something that I'm going to need to work on if I'm going to continue knitting sweaters.

0 comments: